Cleaning oven is one of the hard chores to do. The dirt and gunk make the work harder and time-consuming.
However, it is still a must to clean the oven since the dirty oven will be dangerous for your health.
Not only dangerous for your health, but it will also make your food taste different when you cook it with the dirty oven.
But, you don’t need to worry since you can quickly clean your oven with these hacks.
Read also: How to clean a burnt pressure cooker pot without scrubbing?
1. Clean the Oven with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Baking soda is the basic kitchen ingredient that is used in making a cake. Baking soda contains sodium carbonate that will make the dough rise. Baking soda is not only useful for baking the delicious cakes, but it can also useful for cleaning your oven.
If your oven has tough stains or oil debris, using the baking soda mixture will really help and it will remove the bad smell as well. With the help of vinegar, your oven will be as clean as new since vinegar helps in dissolving the alkalis.
- To clean the oven, you need first need to remove the racks and if they are also dirty, you can clean them separately. To avoid the possible danger, you need to make sure that the cable is unplugged before you do your work.
- Create the baking soda paste by mixing a half cup of baking soda and a few tablespoons of water. You need to adjust the amount of baking soda and water to create the spreadable consistency.
- Wear your gloves to and spread the paste using a brush in the interior surface of your oven, except the heating elements. Don’t forget to spread it on the oven racks and you can use an old toothbrush for it. Spread the paste evenly in every corner of your oven. You don’t need to worry if the baking soda paste turns into brown color since it means that it is working.
- After you have done coating the oven, you need to let it sit for overnight or at least 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, you need to prepare a damp cloth to wipe the dried paste. If you find it hard to remove the dried paste, you can use silicone or plastic spatula, especially to reach the difficult corner.
- Spray the vinegar to remove the remaining residue of the baking soda and use a damp cloth to wipe the oven clean. You can repeat this step until the oven is completely clean.
Read also: How to clean grout with vinegar and baking soda?
2. Use Vegetable Oil
If your oven has stubborn oil that is hard to remove, you can fight it with the common kitchen ingredient, vegetable oil.
The vegetable oil will help in removing the greasy part of the oven and it will make the future cleaning easier. As a bonus, the vegetable oil is perfectly safe to use without any harsh chemicals that will endanger your life.
- You just need to prepare a clean cloth and the vegetable oil to clean the stubborn oil grease in your oven.
- Put a couple drops of the vegetable oil to the cloth.
- Use the cloth to wipe the oily area in your oven and you will see the oil greases disappear. Repeat this step until all of the oil grease slide off, change the cloth if necessary.
3. Get Rid of Bad Smells with Oil Essence
Cooking a delicious meal comes at a high price. Yes, the bad smell that can linger for days in your oven. Sometimes, cleaning the oven alone won’t really help in removing the bad smell.
If you don’t quickly come up with the solution, the bad smell will affect the taste of your meal. But, you don’t need to worry since you can use a few drops of essential oil to banish the bad smell.
- Prepare the ovenproof bowl and the essential oil you like, can be the citrus or vanilla essence.
- Fill the bowl with water and add a few drops of the essential oil you want to use.
- Place the bowl in the oven and slowly heat it for an hour. By doing so, you can say goodbye to the bad smell and you will have a lovely smell in your oven.
4. Remove Oil Dirt with Lemon
Lemon is very rich with vitamins that will maintain your health. But, lemon can also help to maintain your health by using it as your oven cleaner.
Lemon works best to remove the oil grease and it is also very safe since it doesn’t have dangerous or toxic chemicals. Plus, it is very easy to do and the rest of the ingredients might already be on your cupboard.
- Prepare the ingredients and tools, such as two lemons, baking dish, water, and a scouring pad.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze them to get the juice. Place the juice as well as the lemon in the baking dish.
- Add 1/3 part of the baking dish with water and place the mixture in the oven.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 30 minutes at 250 degrees. By doing so, the mixture will heat up and it will make the grease in the oven easy to remove.
- After 30 minutes, remove the mixture from the oven and let the oven cool down a little bit before you clean it. Use the scouring pad to clean the interior of the oven. For the more stubborn dirt, you can use a spatula to remove it.
- To make your oven cleaner, you can use the remaining mixture to wipe the interior of the oven. Repeat this step until the oven is completely clean, then wipe it dry using a clean towel. During this process, the oven will produce a smoke. But, you don’t need to worry and you need to make sure to open your door or turn the oven fan during this process.
By using those ingredients, you will be able to clean the oven quickly and easily. Plus, you will avoid using harsh chemicals that will be dangerous for your health.