There are effective ways on how to clean kitchen tile floor grout. Cleaning tile grout may be difficult for few people who still don’t know how to do it. Don’t worry.
Here are some easy steps to make tile grout on the kitchen’s floor looks sparkling.
The Best Ways to Clean Tile Grout
First and foremost, please remember that cleaning grout can be done with simple basic cleaning equipment or cleaners.
So, it is better to avoid wasting money on expensive harsh or chemical cleaners that gives promise to work wonders on tile grout because there is almost no different on using simple cleaners with chemical cleaners.
It is also guaranteed that the tile grout will be sterilized from dirt as it is cleaned with expensive chemical cleaners.
The Best Ingredients and Equipment for Tile Grout Cleaning
There are four easy and simple steps to follow to clean tile grout. First, make sure to prepare these substances and equipment. They are the best agents to use to get rid of dirt and mildew on tile grout. They are:
- Baking Soda
- Oxygenated Bleach
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Dish Soap
- Steam Cleaner
Okay, so after preparing those substances and equipment, it is time to really clean the dirt and mildew from the tile grout on your kitchen’s floor.
1. Cleaning Tile Grout with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar can be used to clean tile grout. The procedure on how to clean tile grout with these ingredients is described as follows.
- The first step is to make a paste of water and baking soda. Mix one part water and 3 parts of baking soda to make a thick paste. Then, apply this paste to tile grout with finger. It is also recommended to use rubber to prevent unwanted accident, such as irritated skin from the abrasive of baking soda.
- Mix white vinegar and water to make a solution and place it in a spray bottle. After that, spray the vinegar solution to the applied baking soda paste on tile grout.
- After spraying the white vinegar solution on the tile grout that has been covered with baking soda paste, there will be bubbles appearing, which means the natural cleaning process has been started. Wait until the solution stops bubbling. When the bubbling stops, it means the chemical cleaning process is finished.
- Then, use a tooth brush or nylon-bristled scrub brush to scrub along each tile grout. Make sure to pay attention to hidden areas like corners and edges of the room.
- The last step is to mop the floor with water. Use a mop and clean water to any residue of vinegar and baking soda.
2. Cleaning Tile Grout with Oxygenated Bleach
There is a way to clean tile grout with oxygenated bleach as well. The steps are described as follows.
- First of all, make a solution from oxygenated bleach with two cups of warm water. Make sure to mix it thoroughly, so that the oxygenated bleach can be fully activated.
- Then, apply a small amount of oxygenated bleach solution on the tile grout in the corner to test whether it makes the tile grout’s color changes or not.
- After that, pour the oxygenated bleach solution on the tile grout and make sure that the solution completely covers it. Pour the solution carefully to avoid having wet floor.
- Prepare nylon bristled-brush to scrub the tile grout that has been covered by the oxygenated bleach solution. Scrub the grout back and forth and make sure to scrub tile grout on the corner of the room as well.
- Then, rinse the floor with a mop and clean water to get rid of any residue of oxygenated bleach solution.
3. Cleaning Tile Grout with Hydrogen Peroxide, Dish Soap, and Baking Soda
Actually, hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, and baking soda are useful against dirt on tile grout. Here are some steps on how to clean tile grout with these substances.
- First thing first, make a paste using ¼ of hydrogen peroxide, ¾ cup of baking soda, and 1 tablespoon of dish soap. The paste will be highly effective to clean out tile grout from dirt and mildew.
- Apply the paste using a nylon bristled-brush or a toothbrush. Make sure to thoroughly apply the paste on every tile grout in the room.
- Let the paste stand on the tile grout for about 15 minutes. There will be bubbling reaction as hydrogen peroxide and baking soda interact.
- After the bubbling reaction stops, clean the paste with warm water, then use a rag to wipe out any residue of dirt and solution.
- The final step is to mop the floor with clean water and a mop. Make sure that there is no residue that remains on tile grout.
4. Cleaning Tile Grout with Steam Cleaner
Another way to clean tile grout from dirt and mildew is using a steam cleaner. A steam cleaner is highly effective to clean any type of tile grout as there is no need to use chemical cleaners.
- Please, make sure to read the manual book to properly and safely use the steam cleaner. There is no need for any unwanted injury while cleaning tile grout with a steam cleaner.
- After that, fill the reservoir with water as it is described on the manual. Do not mix the water with any chemicals or soaps.
- Turn the steam cleaner on and wait until it is heated up. There will be exact time on how long to wait after turning on the steam cleaner before using it.
- Move the cleaning brush on the steam cleaner to clean tile grout forth and back. It is recommended to start on one side of the room to the other end of the room.
- After the cleaning process with the steam cleaner is done, use a mop or a towel to wipe up the moisture on the floor.
Cleaning tile grout from dirt using these ways are really effective to make tile grout clean as new again. Therefore, after knowing how to clean kitchen floor grout, there will be no more difficulty.