Have you ever heard about limestone? Perhaps some people are not familiar with this word since this is one of the materials which is used by people who want to build a house.
Actually, limestone is included in the sedimentary rock. This rock is usually used for the flooring, the paving to make a road, the shower surfaces, the wall tiles, and also for the counters. People usually use it because it last longer.
However, this type of rock can be easily scratched and damaged by the acid and heat. If you have the limestone wall, you should find the most suitable way to clean your wall.
If you use the strong cleaning product which does not have a neutral pH, it will only damage your limestone walls. So, what should you do? You just need to follow the tips on how to clean exterior limestone walls.
The Tools for Cleaning the Exterior Limestone Walls
When you want to clean your limestone walls, you need to prepare the tools such as the bucket, the sandpaper, rags and towels, hose, soft scrub brush, neutral stone cleaner, and also loop pad accessory. You should remember to use the pressure washer if you want to remove the stains from the limestone walls.
If you want to use a vacuum cleaner, you should set it on low speed so that it will not damage the limestone wall. This is the introduction on how to clean exterior limestone walls.
The Tips to Clean the Exterior Limestone Walls
How to clean exterior limestone walls:
- The first thing that you need to do is rinsing down the water to the limestone walls. You can use nozzle which is attached to the hose. You should know that water cannot damage the limestone, so you can do it to remove the dust in the limestone.
- You should mix the warm water with the neutral stone cleaner. You can put the mixture in a bucket. If you want to know where you can find the neutral stone cleaner, you can find it in the home improvement store. You should make sure that it is neutral.
- Next, you need to wipe down the limestone surface gently. You can use a soft cloth to wipe it. If the wall is rough, you can use scrub brush or toothbrush.
- When you start to clean the limestone wall, you need to start cleaning it from the small section. You should rinse it with clean water after you clean it. Do not ever use the soap dry to clean the surface.
- You need to use the rag or brush if needed
- You can buff the limestone surface with the soft cloth or towel. For the rough limestone surface, you can let the surface dry naturally.
- You should remove the stains from the limestone which have not unpolished using the sandpaper.
Having the limestone wall is the good idea to make your house beautiful. However, you need to know that you should also clean the limestone wall. If you want to clean it, you should know that it is not easy, you should have the suitable tools and really know how to clean it using the appropriate methods. Those are steps on how to clean exterior limestone walls.