How to clean marble floor stains is an easy task but it needs good knowledge when people are doing it.
Why is it? It is because marble is, indeed, beautiful but it is so vulnerable from stains or scratches. So, how to clean it correctly?
Here are some tips and ways of cleaning marble floor.
1. What Needs to Be Prepared
Before cleaning marble floor from stains, here are tools need to be prepared:
- Baking soda
- Broom or dry mop
- Powdered white chalk
- Dishwashing liquid
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Masking tape
- Measuring cup
- Paper towels
- Plastic wrap
- Small bowl
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Stone cleaner
- Stone sealant
2. Making Poultice
Poultice is the best way for cleaning marble floor from stains. It is because it’s porous material characteristic. A poultice is the best way to get stains out of marble floor. Here some recipes that can be used as the poultice:
The first option is chemical solution. First, a cup of unbleached flour, 3 teaspoons of liquid dishwashing detergent and water need to be prepared. Mix it all together in a bucket until it has the consistency of sour cream.
The second option is using more organic materials combined with some chemical solution. It can be made by mixing 1 tsp pure Castile soap, 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar, 2 cups of water, 20 drops of lavender or lemongrass essential oil, 20 drops of tea tree oil, and 3/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide. It is only needed to be mixed in a 32-ounce plastic spray bottle.
Then, which recipe do you like? Both promise great results, depending on your particular condition.
3. Cleaning Marble Stone
After making some preparation and the poultice, it is time for cleaning marble. Here are the directions:
- Clean area near the stain using a broom
- Put wet towel over stains of marble floor. It will absorb some stains.
- Cover the area which has stained with poultice. It is better to cover the area with 1/2 inch thick.
- Cover it with plastic wrap for 24 to 48 hours. Secure it by taping plastic wrap.
- After it completely dries, remove the plastic and poultice.
- Wash poultice and its surrounding area. Warm water and soap is the best option.
- Recover area with poultice if there are still some stains left.
- Repeat process until stains are completely removed.
Indeed, this process needs a lot of patience. It is best to wait and do not rush the process. Trying to remove stains with hard materials might cause marble floor surfaces scratched.
4. Tips You Need to Know
Here are some tips for those who have marble floor on their house:
- Sealing marble floor is suggested when it is needed.
- Always clean up any spills immediately. Marble is so much sensitive with substances like fruit juices or coffee.
- Always clean marble floor surfaces with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Mop marble floor regularly.
- Cover marble floor surfaces with runners, doormats, and rugs to keep it out from stains and scratches.
Marble floor is truly beautiful ornaments for houses. However, it is quite vulnerable from stains and scratches. Follow how to clean marble floor stains guide above to clean without damaging the floor.