Do you know that cleaning your shower curtain can extend the shower liner and curtain lifespan while you are protecting the environment?
There are actually several hazzle free ways to actually banish the molds and minimize the possibility of streaks.
It is actually possible for you to keep the liner nearly pristine. Check out the following methods.
Read also: Outdoor Shower Curtain Types.
1. Green Cleaning
To clean the curtain in green and safe way, white vinegar is your best friend. There are two ways to do this:
- Spray the curtain with white vinegar, and then soak it in a bucket of water and ½ cup of vinegar. Leave the curtain for a while before wipe it.
- Use a paste made of vinegar and baking soda. Be careful, it creates sizzling effect when you combine them. Use the paste to wipe the hanging curtain and leave it for a while to take some effect. After several minutes, rinse using the shower hose until it is clean of the paste. Dry the remaining water and you will see the change
In alternative to those methods, we can also use fabric-softener sheets. This product swipes away all molds and soap scums quickly. You can reuse the sheets if you want to.
2. Simply Spray and Wipe
We can also use several products we can get from the store to clean the shower curtain. These two alternatives are easy to do and show fast result as well.
1. You actually can use the nonabrasive bathroom cleaner
It is great to use when it comes to vinyl or plastic curtains. It keeps away unseen mold and prevents stinky smell and dirt.
For safety, you can try using the product on unobtrusive corner of the curtain. It will show you if it has the potential to change or damage your shower curtain or not.
2. You can also use fabric softener
Add some on a spray bottle and dissolve it with warm water. Spray it on the shower curtain and leave it for a while. You can clean it by wiping it down or rinsing it with hand-held shower.
Shower will give you easier way and faster result. Please make sure to rinse from the top to down below so everything is wiped down well.
3. Notes for Fabric Shower Curtains
Basically most fabric shower curtains are washable. If you don’t want to use the washing machine, simply soak in the curtain on detergent and leave it for a while.
Wash it using your hands and rinse until it is clean. Please make sure to check on manufacturer guide on the curtain.
Several curtains may not strong enough against harsh detergent. For better maintained cleanliness on expensive material, consider adding plastic liner for the curtain.
However, plastic is less economical as well so be wise in choosing the liner.
Basically, there are several ways you can try to clean your shower curtain. You can try the green ways, which are popular today, or you can try using some products at home and get the job done. So, which one is your pick?