Our house carpet is probably one of the most parts of the house that experience a lot of stains and damages. Among the entire threats, urine is maybe one of the worst.
There are basically two recommended ways to handle this, depending on what urine smell you want to remove.
If you desperately need some helps, check out the following tricks.
Read also related articles:
- How to clean rubber floor mats
- how to clean epoxy floor
- How to remove mold from hardwood floors
- How to clean marble floor stains.
1. Removing Cat Urine from Carpet
You cat can cause an accident as well. When you cat leaves urine stain on it, the stain and smell need to go away right away. Try the following steps to remove the stand and the smell as well at once.
- Make a paste out of baking soda and water mixture. You need to add the water slowly until it reaches paste texture. Use a small bowl for mixing.
- Wear a pair of rubber gloves and apply the paste on the affected area. Make sure that the entire surface is well covered with the paste. Leave it for a while to remove the stains and smell.
- Take some distilled vinegar and pour it on top of the area. Don’t pour too much. Just add by little to make sure all area is well covered.
- Press and blot the entire moisture on the carpet surface. You can use clean towels and paper towel. Just press and bolt, and don’t rub it.
- If the smell or stain lingers, repeat the entire steps once again.
It is recommended not to repeat the entire procedures more than twice due to the possibility of damaging the carpet more.
Read also: How to remove crayon from walls.
2. Removing Kids Urine from Carpet
You are going to need a slightly different method to remove the smell of your kids’ urine on the carpet.
The following method is a do-it-yourself kind so you don’t need a lot of other products to use and you can do it alone at home.
- Instead of using the baking soda, you should use cornstarch this time. Take a generous amount of it and use it to cover the entire affected surface. Please make sure to pour it evenly until it covers the entire surface. Don’t rub it.
- Once the cornstarch covers the entire surface, leave it for around 30 minutes. It should help in eliminating stains and remove the smell as well.
- After 30 minutes, rinse the area with clean water.
- Then, use clean and dry paper towels or cloth towel, and press it on the surface to absorb any moisture in it. Keep doing it it until your carpet is dry enough. Make sure not to rub it or the cornstarch and water spread to the sides.
This method can be applied to remove the smell of dog pee as well. It is also recommended to apply it as soon as you get the stain to provide easier result.
You don’t need to specially dry clean or wash it on professional service. The methods above are proven to be effective and easy to apply. Have a try!.