The idea of using granite top on a bathroom vanity with one sink has been a popular idea for some times now.
It simply adds elegance and sophistication to a simple and small vanity and this what makes many people love to remodel their vanity.
If you like this idea, read along and get the most important aspects to consider here.
Read also: Narrow Bathroom Vanity with Sink Ideas.
Bathroom Vanity Design
Before you start remodeling your bathroom with granite countertop on a single sink vanity, you should consider the best design for your bathroom vanity.
Basically, granite countertop works well in all vanity designs. Check out this list for inspiration.
- Pedestal Vanity
This model may help you to provide an extra space in your bathroom. A single sink vanity is attached on the wall. The cabinet below adjusts to the shape of the sink and the sewer.
- Console Vanity
A simple design of bathroom vanity. Two to four skinny legs hold the sink and countertop over them. The cabinet or just some racks can be applied between its legs.
- Scaled Down Vanity
This model is perfect for you who has narrow bathroom. A single sink is attached to the cabinet below it to store anything you need. It can also be applied to your bathroom corner to fill up an empty space.
- Elongated Vanity
This model can be applied to your long or large bathroom. From the top, you can apply a single sink as you desire. On the bottom level, the cabinet suits the shape of the countertop itself.
Why Use Single Sink for Your Bathroom Vanity?
As you well know, there are two types of bathroom vanity based on the number of sink, i.e. single sink and double sinks.
Single sink bathroom vanity is more widely used in bathrooms for various reasons, such as:
- Provide more extra space in the bathroom. It is perfect for your narrow bathroom. You can place other items such as shower or toilet at the empty space.
- Provide more counter space. With the wider countertop, you can put more things and do more things on the countertop.
- Cheaper than the double sinks model. You may not need to buy another sink.
- Easy to clean. Clean one sink is easier than two.
Reasons of Using Granite Countertop for Your Bathroom Vanity
Granite is one of the materials that can be used as countertop over your bathroom vanity. This stone-base material is often used because of several reasons, such as:
- Granite can stand up to tear and wear. Usually, many things such as makeup tools, soap, and toothpaste, water, grime, or hair, will expose the countertop. Therefore, granite is the best choice because this material is resistant to any stains and considered to look natural.
- Granite looks wonderful with other materials. This material will be suitable with any materials for cabinets, walls, floors, etc.
- Granite is easy to take care. You only need to clean it routinely. Use a soap to brush any spills or stains.
Read also: Bathroom vanities with granite top maintenance.
Single sink bathroom with granite countertop is the best choice for your bathroom. In addition to provide a luxurious look in your bathroom, this kind of bathroom vanity gives your bathroom more space for other amenities. It is easy to maintain while it stays functional and attractive for a long time.