When you find something wrong with some specific parts of your house, it’s sure that you always find all the way to fix it by yourself first, so does with bathroom faucets handles.
Although it looks complicated, replacing your bathroom faucets handles is possible to be done.
Read the following steps below to help you do it by yourself.
Read also: How to Remove Mold from Bathroom Walls?
1. Identify the Type of Your Faucet
The most important thing to do first is identifying the type of faucet that you have. Since there are so many types of bathroom faucet, identifying the type of yours will ease you in finding the new faucet handles.
Once you identify it, go to some local store near your house or try to search it online. If you still can’t find the one you are looking for, it’s okay to take a picture of the handles and bring it when you go to some store.
2. Check Your Equipment
This kind of job surely requires some specific equipment in the process. After you got the one you are looking for, check first what you have in your storage.
This job will need some tools like adjustable wrench, pliers and other things. You can know what kind of tools that you’re going to need if you already notice what’s wrong with the faucet. So the main point is knowing the problem first.
3. Start the Process
If you’re finish with those two first steps, it’s time for you to start the project. There are some steps too that you need to do sequentially to ease you do the replacement.
Make sure that you do these steps with the correct order to prevent you from doing the instructions twice or even adding any addition damage. So here there are.
- The very first thing that you must do is surely turning off the water supply. Turn off the both supplies if it’s a single-handle faucet.
- Make sure that no water is coming out when you the handles that you are going to replaced are turned.
- Most of faucet handles have a cap or false top. It can be a metal cap or the same material like the rest of the handle. Examine it first before continue to the next step.
- Using the head of flat screwdriver, lose the cap and pry it up. Then use any appropriate screwdriver to remove and loose the screw of the faucet.
- Once the old faucet is removed, place the new one and make sure that it will settle properly.
- Use the screwdriver to install it and do the same process just like when you remove it before.
- After the new faucet handles are installed, check whether the water comes out or not and make sure it works.
Read also: Bathroom Cabinet Paint Ideas.
Fixing all of your house problems by yourself will surely save your money rather than paying some professionals. As long as you do steps and instructions correctly, it’s assured that there will be no additional problem.