The bad smell coming from your shoes are often overwhelming. It ruins everything, your appetite and the house atmosphere.
You may want throw the shoes as well. Hold up.
There are simple and cheap tricks to remove the smell from your shoes. Check the list below.
- Stuff your shoes with newspaper and leave it there for the whole night. In the morning, you will find your shoes stink free and ready to wear again.
- If you don’t plan to wear the shoes in the near future, it is recommended to place dryer sheet in each of the shoes. When you want to wear the shoes, there will be no unpleasant smell coming from it.
- A little trick while washing your shoes will do. After washing your shoes, put it on dryer immediately. Even after in the dryer, you need to expose your shoes to direct sunlight.
When it is dry, put it in double bags and put the bags in the freezer for a night. In the next day, remove the bag and place the shoes under the sun again until it’s dry.
Read also: How to remove pee smell from mattress.
- Insoles made of cheddar are often recommended to prevent the smell. You can replace your old insoles with ones made of cheddar. ‘
- Place a fabric conditioner sheet into each of your shoes and leave it overnight. In the next morning, you will find your shoes well scented, more than just not stinky anymore.
- This can sound weird but cat litter is actually an effective deodorizer. Get some fresh cat litter and put it into a pair of socks. Seal the mouth and place each sock on each of your shoes. Leave it over night and you already get rid of the stinky smell.
- Take a cotton ball and pour some rubbing alcohol on it. Use the cotton ball to wipe the inside of your shoes and leave it undisturbed for several hours. The foul smell will disappear completely.
See also: How to remove vomit smell from couch
- If your shoes are damp enough, microwave it. 90 seconds in the microwave should be enough to kill the bacteria and finally remove the bad smells.
As you can see, there are more than enough tricks to try to remove the bad smell rather than throwing away your shoes. All of those tricks don’t cost too much and easy to do as well. Give it a try and see how it helps you.